Virtual Job Fairs for Employers and Job Seekers
Virtual Career Fairs are online events where hiring employers engage candidates and recruit talent over audio, live chat, and video chat. Those recruiting can use virtual career fair platforms to hire for single or multiple roles within the same company or represent different companies or employers. Virtual booths are availed from which candidates learn about any available job openings, and their potential employers can approach them on applying. Chat rooms, webinars, and digital sessions are hosted in real-time as opposed to watching recordings.
The virtual job fairs are a solution for creating online, chat-based events in which company job seekers and recruiters interact to exchange information about job software suite and may include components for
i. Registration capture
v. Text Messaging
The software serves as a staging point to host and manage the virtual job fair for the recruiter. In addition, it provides a portal through which the event can be accessed for the job seeker, usually done through any device, whether a laptop, desktop computer, or smartphone.
Pros of Virtual Career Fairs
- It gives your company a competitive advantage
Most companies have not seized the chance to use the virtual fair to their benefit. However, companies that have implemented virtual fairs will rise the ladder by reaping the benefits of such a platform. This is because virtual fairs are a very flexible and convenient way employers and job seekers can interact effectively.
- It’s efficient
Virtual fairs are more efficient than traditional fairs since they can be held remotely with the aid of a device. The expenses of having to travel and incur costs to meet an employer or candidate are reduced and more time saved.
- It’s the only safe way during unprecedented times
Many industries faced a challenge in recruiting new employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of the social distancing regulations, employers and candidates could not meet in person for interviews, hence virtual career fairs.
Cons of Virtual Career Fairs.
- Some people in society are still not well exposed to using virtual career fairs platforms since they face challenges in operating technology. As a result, many potential employees may feel intimidated by this fact, making them shy away from participating.
- Video calls during the virtual career fair meetings cannot be compared to face-to-face interactions. They do not recreate the experience, especially in observing body language and nonverbal cues.
- It may be challenging to find a suitable virtual career fair platform. Some virtual career fairs are created for business purposes, leading to overpricing and underpricing to suit the particular company.
Recruiters should employ and take advantage of the use of Virtual Career Fairs to
- Attract more candidates. You can reach a more diverse and widespread group of potential candidates.
- Save time with pre-screened talent.
- Get more cost savings
- Promote with ease. Quick and easy to promote them through social media platforms
- Track your performance with a quantifiable result
Virtual Career Fairs are beneficial to both the recruiter and candidate since it helps them connect over a common platform and their needs met. In addition, the reduced costs and time saved benefits both parties. Whether a small or large business, Virtual Career Fairs help you achieve your hiring goals faster and more efficiently.